Xavier Pérez Giménez
Postdoctoral fellow at the
Department of Mathematics
350 Victoria St.
Canada M5B 2K3
Member of Graphs at
Ryerson (G@R) group
Email: xperez at
either ryerson.ca or mpi-inf.mpg.de
Phone: +1 416 979 5000 ext. 6971
Fax: +1 416 598 5917
Old website: http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~xperez/
Here is my CV.
I will join the Department of
Mathematics of the University of
Nebraska-Lincoln as an Assistant Professor in August 2016!
I am currently looking for graduate students excited about
- Probabilistic methods in combinatorics
- Random structures
- Graph theory
- Asymptotic enumeration
- Applied probability
Selected publications(Click here for a
full list of publications.)
- Strong-majority bootstrap percolation on regular graphs
with low dissemination threshold
(with D. Mitsche and P. Prałat)
Submitted to Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
- Arboricity and spanning-tree packing
in random graphs
(with P. Gao and C.M. Sato)
Submitted to Random Structures & Algorithms.
Arboricity and spanning-tree packing
in random graphs with an application to load balancing
In 25th Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium
on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2014.
- Asymptotic enumeration of strongly connected digraphs by vertices and
(with N. Wormald)
Random Structures & Algorithms, 43(1):80-114, 2013.
- Disjoint Hamilton cycles in the random geometric graph
(with T. Müller and N. Wormald)
Journal of Graph Theory, 68(4):299-322, 2011.
- On the chromatic number of random d-regular graphs
(with G. Kemkes and N. Wormald)
Advances in Mathematics, 223(1):300-328, 2010.
Slides of recent talks
- ECE 103 - Discrete Mathematics for Engineers (Winter 2014
and Spring 2014)
- Math 235 - Linear Algebra 2 for
- The Probabilistic Method and
Randomized Algorithms (with J. Gao and T.Sauerwald)
- CO 738 - Probabilistic Methods in Discrete Mathematics
Other stuff i like
(Last updated March 2016)